What makes our Yeshiva unique?
Ateret Yerushalayim is unique yeshiva for post-high school students looking for a focused yet relaxed atmosphere in which to grow. Our warm, down to earth Rebbeim are ready to help you have a productive, enjoyable and inspiring year.
AJ talmidim acquire better textual skills and an increased independence in learning, but more importantly a deeper appreciation for learning and Mitzvos in their lives. Our goal is "Building Life-long Connections" with Torah, Rebbeim, Eretz Yisrael and friends, thereby “Building Foundations for Life”.
Below is a list of the different aspects of the Yeshiva which blend together creating the Ateret Yerushalayim experience. You can click on the paragraph headings for more information.
- Focused yet warm and relaxed atmosphere in which to grow
- Emphasis is placed on setting clear goals. Students then feel accomplished and gain the self-confidence, and independence that they need to continue to succeed.
- Incentive programs help students stretch their capabilities and take on the next challenge.
- Our Rebbeim are down to earth, accessible and can “relate”.
- We have a small student to Rebbe ratio
- Our learning program is offered on multiple levels and focus on skill building and gaining independence in learning.
- Afternoons are divided into subject hours of practical halachah, chumash, navi and a wide range of thought provoking hashkafa topics.
- Special programs throughout the year address important life topics preparing talmidim for life after Yeshiva whatever path they may take.
- The Yeshiva spends every second Shabbos together. The warm relaxed atmosphere is filled with achdus and inspiration. These are often followed by a Melava Malka in the Rebbeims homes.
- Mesibot are highlights of the year where Talmidim enjoy an all-out party in Yeshiva or their Rebbeim’s homes to celebrate various chagim, including Simchat Beit Hashoeva, Chanukah, Purim and Lag B’Omer.
- Our Rebbeim also host Talmidim for siyumim celebrating their learning accomplishments, barbecues and play sports with talmidim followed by a picnic in the park.
- The Yeshiva goes on fun and uplifting tiyulim across Eretz Yisrael.
- Afternoon mini-tiyulim to recharge and refresh include outings to the park, beach or sports facilties
- The Yeshiva often davens shacharis at the Kotel on Rosh Chodesh followed by a special breakfast menu
- All of our facilities, which include beit medrash, dining room, dormitory, computer room and workout room are located in a spacious double villa.
- AJ's location in a scenic, tree-lined neighborhood provides a welcome breath of Jerusalem fresh air. We are a short bus ride away from the central bus station and the city center.
- AJ provides students with ample opportunity for athletic activities. In addition, to AJs on campus work out room, the yeshiva rents out a local sports facility Monday nights.
- A local sports facility is a short walk from the yeshiva with basketball courts and football fields.
- Our students volunteer for Yad Eliezer, packing and delivering food to the needy; and help out in local organizations.
- The connection between Ateret Yerushalayim and its talmidim extends far beyond a student’s time in the yeshiva. We have periodic alumni get-togethers and events.
- Ateret Yerushalayim is accredited by Yeshiva University, Touro College, Hebrew Theological Seminary and the Talmudic University of Florida.
- Eligible Ateret Yerushalayim students benefit from MASA grants funded by the Jewish Agency and the State of Israel